Quarantine Care for Your Bed and Bath Linens to stay Healthy and Protected
As all of us are aware of the global out spread of Corona Virus and how it is quickly spreading all over the world, creating panic, uncertainty and concern for our wellbeing. We cannot control the spreading of virus which is taking lives of thousands of people. All of us are locked down globally in our houses and waiting for the global pandemic to end; so we can start our routine lives again!
As we are locked in our houses since March 2020, our immediate environment is now our house and our room! Out of all the rooms, our bedroom has become our most used room in our house; where we are mostly on our bed. And we need to keep washing hands frequently to avoid the spread of corona virus. Therefore, we are using our Hand Towels and Towels more than ever!
Let's find out how to take care of our bed and bath linens. be aware and alert and fight this Global Pandemic together. Together we can make a difference.
Let's find out how to take care of our bed and bath linens. Let's be aware and alert and fight this Global Pandemic together. Together we can make a difference.
It is a crucial time, and we all must take excellent care of ourselves and our surroundings.
These days our environment is our house and most used room is our bedroom.
So, we need to take care of 3 important things in our bedroom
2. TOPSHEET / DOHARS / BLENKETS/ COMFORTERS.
3. HAND TOWELS AND TOWELS.
1. Bedsheets - We need to take care that we must use 100% cotton bedsheets as these are made from natural fibers.
They are breathable and absorb the moisture and sweat easily and make us feel cool..
We must avoid polyester cotton bedsheet during these quarantine days, as polyester fabric is not as breathable as cotton.
Polyester feels warm, and it doesn’t absorb sweat easily.
If you hadn’t purchase any cotton sheet recently, it's perfectly fine. You can use your old, or very old cotton sheets. Even old Jaipuri sheets are good cotton sheets. So use them.
Wash and Care of Bedsheets During Quarantine
1. Wash the bedsheets more frequently, if possible, wash them every alternate day. Wash them in fresh water with mild detergent.
2. Use light colors so it soothe you during summers. It has less chances of fading as compare to bright and dark colors.
Then the next important thing is your A/C Blankets and Top Sheets.
2. Blankets/ Top Sheets/ AC Comforters - We must disinfect them daily by exposing them under natural sunlight. Sunlight is the natural way to make our clothing and bedding Bacteria Free.
Wash and Care of Blankets,Top Sheet and AC Comforters in Quarantine
1. Wash your cotton top sheets every alternate day if possible. Else, at least twice a week.
2. Put your A/C Comforters under shade in sunlight for 1 or 2 hours as it kills all the germs and bacteria.
3. If your comforter is simple, with no embroidery, then you can wash it in your washing machine using mild liquid detergent.
Wash it thoroughly so that there is no trace of soap in it.
Always Spread flat on the flat surface and do not hang dry it as all the filling shifts to one side and comforter will get spoilt.
If possible, avoid using comforters these days if you cannot take proper precautionary steps.
Then the other important article is your Hand Towels and Towels.
3. Hand Towels and Towels.
As we must wash our hands frequently as per the government's guidelines, these days we are using Hand towels more than ever..
So we need to take care for our Bath Linens as well.
1. Replace your wet hand towels frequently.
2. Wipe hands with a dry towel and change your hand towel every 2 to 3 hours.
If you are having a less stock of hand towels, then have at least 2 hand towels, and replace the first one when it gets wet and put a fresh one and keep the wet one for drying under sunlight and vice versa.
3. Have separate towels for each family member.
If possible, have at least 2 towels per person so that one goes for washing and we use other one. Change every alternate day. Changing daily would be most appropriate.
If any family member is having a cold or cough, wash their clothing and bedding separately.
Hope these tips help you in making your Quarantine time protected.
Take care and stay healthy, protected and smiling.
Maintain social distance and follow all the guidelines of government.